Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mromrod22
Partner - Contributor III

Hide dimension with conditions

Hi,

I´m beginner using QlikView and I want learn with all of you.

My first question in the community:

Capturere.PNG

I need hide the dimensions "Rev" with value "0", but not in all months.

Objective:

Capturere2.PNG

I have a dimension with 6 values=Rev0,1,2,3,4,5. In the two first months, just want to show the dimension "Rev0". In the two next months, "Rev0" and "Rev1".... and increment showed dimension for each two months.

I checked the option of the properties "Dimensions -> Supress when value is null" and "Presentation -> Supress Zero-Values", but not success.

Help me please.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

"Presentation->Supress Zero-Value" only works when all the expressions for a dimension is 0.

Do you have more than 1 expression in the chart, is value for all expressions 0?

Zhihong

mromrod22
Author

Hi Zhihong He, thanks for answer.

I have just one expression in the chart. I don´t understand "is value for all expressions 0?", sorry.

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I don't think that this could be possible in the object. My advice is apply that logic in your script, create a relation between MONTHS and REVs. For the first month (Jan) create an ID for the "Rev0" value, second and third months (Feb & Mar) 2 different IDs for "Rev0" and "Rev1", until get all months related with your REVs. Remember that this new relation is a new dimension for the REVs that you are loading, change the name of the dimension, this will work only in your chart.

Regards,

Enrique.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I mean the value for all the expressions should be 0, then the "suppress 0" works.

As you only have one expression, then that is not the issue.

Later I tested, this is not possible for the grouped bar chart. You need to do something as Enrique suggested.

Is that possible you use "Stacked" bar chart? Though can not be exactly the same as Grouped bar chart. You can change to "Stacked" bar chart following steps as below:

Style tab->Subtype setting-> Stacked

Zhihong

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What expression you used to show those. Can you send Dimensions and Expression you are using there?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful