Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide documents in access point based on permissions

Hi All,

I have 2 Apps deployed in access point. Now I have 5 users.  I need to give access to apps, 2 users would access only App1 and 3 users would access only App2.

We don't have Publisher License. We are using NTFS mode authentication.Version:QlikView 11.2.Using NTName to log into access point.

How could we achieve this in qlikview with out publisher license in NTFS mode.

Appreciate your help!!!

Thanks,

Shekar!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Shekar,

First create a section access table in the script in the first or last tab. For example, this script will allow to see the app only to me (my domain is DOM and my username is MBY):

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOM\MBY

];

Section Application;

Then in QlikView Desktop go to Settings > Document Properties > Server and check "Document List in Access Point based in Section Access".

Publish the app in the server (or put it in the folder where the Access Point is).

You are done!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try tis way,

1. goto the .qvw wherever/which folder u published on ur server

2. right clik on that .qvw--properties--security tab---edit---add--at eter the objects to select(give ur application user intid ..exmple:int\uruserid)--clik on check names

do the same for whoever need that applications access.

do the same on ur second .qvw(only add to whoever need to see from accesspoint only this .qvw)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your reply!!

I did the same ,but still everyone can able to see documents in access point even they don't have permissions.

Is there any other way to restrict the same!!or am I missing anything ???

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Shekar,

Using section access you can get exactly this. That said, this does not mean that Section Access will prompt for username, password or reduce information in any way. Just that if the user is not in the section access table in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME he or she will not see the document in the Access Point.

You can toggle this off in the Document Properties > Server of the QVW

Miguel

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

the above method will work 100%,

i think,some whr u r doing wrong...u have cross check,

let me explain again,for suppose u have 5(u1,u2,u3,u4,5u) users...first 2 user's have to see only firstapplcaition.qvw(so u have to add only u1 and u2 on security tab..don't add the rest of the users)

on secondapplication.qvw..security tab -- u suppose to add only u3,u4,and u5 from security tab.

are u tried the same way?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Could you please explain in detail with example.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Shekar,

First create a section access table in the script in the first or last tab. For example, this script will allow to see the app only to me (my domain is DOM and my username is MBY):

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOM\MBY

];

Section Application;

Then in QlikView Desktop go to Settings > Document Properties > Server and check "Document List in Access Point based in Section Access".

Publish the app in the server (or put it in the folder where the Access Point is).

You are done!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks a lot,it's working as expected!!!

Thanks,

Shekar