Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding of chart

Guys,

I need a small help.

qlikview_image.PNG

As you can see in the above chart I have to display charts according to the buttons clicked(mentioned in the left).I did that.

But the question is no graph should be displayed initially with out clicking any of the two buttons.

Thanks,

Surendra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Surendra,

I think you show or hide chart base on click button with set variable action? Am I right? If this one, then let set variable value when app open.

Goto Settings ==> Document Properties ==> Trigger

Untitled.png

Regards,

Sokkorn

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

pls help me in solving this

Thanks,

Surendra

Not applicable
Author

Sir,

What u can do is , Create a Text Object and Writ a message in it "Select A Chart Type.".

When a Chart Type is selected hide this Text Object.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Surendra,

I think you show or hide chart base on click button with set variable action? Am I right? If this one, then let set variable value when app open.

Goto Settings ==> Document Properties ==> Trigger

Untitled.png

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sokkorn,

I could get that by setting the value of varible used to display the charts to zero in trigger. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Erika,

I tried as you advised, I used a text object with condition like when '$(vChart)'<>'$(vBarChart)' and '$(vChart)'<>'$(vBlock)'.

But by default the text object is not being displayed when the page opens, instead a chart type was opened.

Any how I succeeded with seeting the variable to zero in Document Properties->Trigger->Onanyselect_>

select in Field->

I have set the value of variable for selecting any chart types to zero.

Thanks a lot for your time Erika.

Surendra

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Surendra,

Please close this discussion by mark as correct answer. It more easy for other guy find a solution when they have similar issue like you.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Surendra,

Please check the attached file. hope it will solve your problem

Thanks & Regards,

Arun Prasadh.N.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

you are right to some extent in that example, but in my report there are many parameters for that.

When we click on different parameters and come back to the original parameters , by default a chart will be displayed. That has to be hidden automatically.

From your example I have to click on hide chart button to hide the chart. That's not what I desired. I just want to hide them automatically when we get back to the original parameters.

Hope you understand.

Any how this is done with the help of Sokkorn's idea. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Surendr

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

Your solution from the attached file CommunityTest.qvw has helped me to some extent.

In my Case i have 5 Pivot table and 5 Button, on each button i have to show 1 Pivot table and hide other 4.

i have set the variable on the button as you have shown in the CommunityTest.qvw

Do i have set any other Properties??

As I am just a new learner for Qlikview it has been 1month i have started working on it.

Thanks for the Post