Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Partner
Partner

Hiding values in chart

Hi, I am trying to hide some values within a straight table.

I have 2 straight tables:

Goods Received

Goods Returned

Goods receiving figures are all POSITIVE values and goods returned are all NEGATIVE values.

The problem i have is that the only way i can tell what is returned and what is received is by looking at the values.

I want to be able to show ONLY POSITIVE vales in the goods received table and ONLY NEGATIVE values in the goods returned table.

I have tried writing a simple expression for each table

i.e.

If(sum(StockQty)>0,StockQty)

StockQty is my value field.

But this still shows the details for the negative lines (but hides the actual value) is there a way i can completely hide the full line for negative values on Goods Receiving and hide the complete line for positive vales on the Goods Returned table?

I have attached a sample

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Hiding values in chart

Chris

Change the first expression in Goods Received to =Sum(If(StockQty > 0, StockQty)). Then filter the remaining expressions using =If(Column(1) <> 0, origExpression)). The row will only be suppressed if all the expressions return zero or null.

I have done this for the Goods Received table in your sample (attached).

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Chris

Change the first expression in Goods Received to =Sum(If(StockQty > 0, StockQty)). Then filter the remaining expressions using =If(Column(1) <> 0, origExpression)). The row will only be suppressed if all the expressions return zero or null.

I have done this for the Goods Received table in your sample (attached).

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

Partner
Partner

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, even though the negative lines are hidden, the sum expressions are still adding the negative values to the totals.

untitled.JPG

Above the [otal value] is 10 even though the line sais 11. It has added in the -1 line also.

Hi,

Here is your solution.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

MVP
MVP

Chris

Try changing the totals to Sum of Rows on the expression tab

Regards

Jonathan