Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hierarchy

Hi all,

I have a confusion ....If Hierarchy can be implemented through pivot table easily ,why Hierarchy option in script is given .

Is it for some other purpose???

please give an example how to implement it in script.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope, this is better for your understanding.

Your table is the pivot table on the right side. If you have your data in this form like your table in the word-doc, you don't need the hierachry in the script.

The hierarchy you need, if yor table looks like the first inline-table, where only the direct neigbours are one row, for example DL - Stationary. The next row is Stationary - Marker, the next one is Stationary - Pen, the next one is Stationary - Notepad, and so on.

Vicky

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Good morning,

Sometime you have a table with son, parent and pieces.

You need for product A the materials B, C and D.

For B you have tot have the materials E and F, for D G, H and I.

The table would be like this:

A - B - 1

A - C - 2

A - D - 2

B - E - 4

B - F - 1

D - G - 2

D - H - 3

D - I - 2

Now the question is, what do you need for product A.

4x E

1x F

2x C

4x G

6x H

4x I

I have build up the example of the german manual with some changes. See attached file.

Regards

vicky

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for quick response..

I am attaching a sheet with my doubts.

Now can you tell me how to build hierarchy for this simple example .The example you gave is quite complex to understand.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope, this is better for your understanding.

Your table is the pivot table on the right side. If you have your data in this form like your table in the word-doc, you don't need the hierachry in the script.

The hierarchy you need, if yor table looks like the first inline-table, where only the direct neigbours are one row, for example DL - Stationary. The next row is Stationary - Marker, the next one is Stationary - Pen, the next one is Stationary - Notepad, and so on.

Vicky

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot.

Will take your help for sure in coming future.Extremely helpful.