Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlight Certain Fields

Hi,

I am having an issue highlighting certain fields in my pivot table.

I have a dataset like this.

% of cars

I am using the following IF statement to arrange them into groups within the pivot.

=if ([% of Cars] <5, '<5%',

if ([% of Cars] <=7  , '6-7%',

if ([% of Cars] <=8 , '7-8%',

if ([% of Cars]  <=9, '8-9%',

if ([% of Cars]  <=10, '9-10%',

if ([% of Cars] >10, '>10%',

))))))

The script works fine in sorting them into their designated fields. However I would like certain fields such as the <=10 and >10 to be in Red. I would like <5 and <=7 to be green. Does anyone know how to achieve this? I have tried for quite a while and I can not seem to find a solution.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can set this in the background colour of the dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This doesn't work for me.

Say you had

=if ([% of Cars] <5, '<5%',

if ([% of Cars] <=7  , '6-7%',

if ([% of Cars] <=8 , '7-8%',

if ([% of Cars]  <=9, '8-9%',

if ([% of Cars]  <=10, '9-10%',

if ([% of Cars] >10, '>10%',

))))))

how would i colour each cell. so for >10 red ,<= 9 blue etc. your trick doesn't work as i am using the script shown above.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What is the as Field Inline?

This is my current script in the dimensions.

=if ([% of cars] <5, '<5%',

if ([% of cars] <=7  , '6-7%',

if ([% of cars] <=8 , '7-8%',

if ([% of cars]  <=9, '8-9%',

if ([% of cars]  <=10, '9-10%',

if ([% of cars] >10, '>10%',

))))))

From here how would i assign certain colors?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Have you opened my script?

LOAD *, if ([% of cars] <5, '<5%',if ([% of cars] <=7  , '6-7%',if ([% of cars] <=8 , '7-8%',if ([% of cars]  <=9, '8-9%',if ([% of cars]  <=10, '9-10%',

if ([% of cars] >10, '>10%')))))) as Field Inline [

% of cars

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes i did - However , the data is being read in from a excel file with 100s of lines so i cannot add the "as Field Inline Script in the main script editor - I am adding the Script from the Chart properties -> Dimensions then adding my script

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please post sample application and design colors for cells?