Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlight multiple values in pivot without removing the other values in the same pivot

Is there any option to be able to highlight multiple values in single pivot table without removing other values of the same pivot?

7 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

it's not clear, can you share some mock data and expected output in excel format. it will easy for us to help u.

Uploading a Sample

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

One way is as below:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have filter of field which is used also used in pivot and when user select the values in the filter then pivot should display the selected values as highlighted and also retain non selected values.

e.g.

City
Mumbai
Pune
Chennai
Hydrabad
Bangalore

CityPopulation
Mumbai1500000
Pune1600000
Chennai1260000
Hydrabad1556000
Bangalore1500056
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have pivot table which has city and population field. Now when user select Mumbai or Hydrabad then these 2 values gets highlighted along with retaining other values in same table. And the selection of values will be the user's choice.

Please find below example for your reference.

I hope this helps.

e.g.

CityPopulation
Mumbai1500000
Pune1600000
Chennai1260000
Hydrabad1556000
Bangalore1500056
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

do u want this color by user filter selection? or it just static then u can try like below

=if(match(City,'Hydrabad','Mumbai'),RGB(255,0,0),Black())

p.s; just add above code in your City dimension & measure as text color expression then u can get below o/p

Capture.JPG

another way u can add data island at back check this method

Dynamic colors in QlikView – Learn QlikView

Thanks,Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Deva,

Thanks for the response.

I don't want filter for city. I just wanted to use pivot table where user has access to highlight city/population.

Looking forward for your kind response.

Thanks,

Swati

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi Swati,

Please add the below expression to both DIMENSION, EXPRESSION --> Text color expression

= If(Wildmatch(Concat(DISTINCT(City), '|'), City ) and GetSelectedCount(City)>0, Red(),black())

Note : Please add the dimension filed to your expression using set analysis

Ex:  sum({<City={'*'}>}sales)

Thanks

Sasi