Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Do I Automate An Excel Export From Qlikview?

Hi,

New user of Qlikview and have an existing QVW with data on it.  I would like to export to excel every time the QVW is scheduled for reload via the EMC.

How do I tell the QVW to fire the Export Macro when the QVW Reloads?

Thanks.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

The short answer is: you cannot. Some macros (and according to the documentation and to the project's I've been working in), the OnPostReload will not work in a server-client environment. So you will have to manually click on the button that triggers the macro or something because this is not allowed for the time being.

You can try anyway, there are some people here for whom these macros seem to work. Actually I'd be glad to check that that's possible.

If you are using Publisher, there may be some tasks other than Reload that may be helpful (Distribute) but this is a different license.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi bdunhoff: If no other way is possible, you might consider using automation software. Try Automation Anywhere. You can set up triggers that will export your data to Excel. Here's a link to a free trial: http://www.automationanywhere.com/download/freeTrial.htm?ptr=tvl        Hope this helps. -Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi bdunhoff

the easiest way to solve your problem is NPrinting: it can export data from QlikView to Excel withou writing macros. You can export Qlikview chart as is or you can made your own excel export template with a intuitive excel based editor. After you can shedule QlikView activities with tasks: for instance the first could be a data reload so your QlikView document is update, the second could be the export to excel filtered and sended via email or saved to specific folder.

You can try NPrinting for free with your QlikView documents.

Best

The NPrinting Team