Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How To Display Table Records of Incremental Data in QlikView Document

Hi,

I have the following scenario and need your help/suggestions.

I am performing incremental reload which successfully fetches me refreshed (INCREMENTAL) data on each reload. To do this, I have used the following condition at the script level.

CreationDate >'$(vLastReloadTime)'

or ModifiedDate > '$(vLastReloadTime)';

Now, I intend to display the same set of (incremental data) records in my QlikView application. Is there a way to create a table in GUI to show these new records from incremental reload using something similar? I intend to use this set of data for reports.

Thanks,

-Khaled

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Khaled,

Edit Script-> Select -> Check Preceding Load .

This will perform an incremental load.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Supriya

Not applicable
Author

Hi Supriya,

Thanks for your response.

[Update:]

I did perform incremental load and it works fine. Let me give a better background on the scene:

My application on an average fetches 10,000 records on every full reload from multiple databases in first layer.

When incremental load is performed, I get about 1000 new records (say about 1000 records from each table I’m using in the script)  since the document was last loaded.

In Stage 2, all data sources are merged as one for Final Integration document.

Stage 3 contains the data model (and is also the end user application)

My end user application obviously has both incremental and historic data.

I want to create tables in a separate sheet here (GUI) that show these 1000 incremental load records  (without historical data) from each of these tables.

In short, I need to limit my table by some condition (probably similar to the one I used in the script for incremental load)  to show only incremental data without historic data.

Thanks,

Regards,

-Khaled