Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgarciaf106
Creator
Creator

How To improve My data model?

Hi

I need to improve My Data model so this could would be shown as the following:

I was able to make to make it through the Link Table where I group common (Such Cluster, Country, Month etc) fields from the Fact Tables , but my Common fields are also used as Dimensions, Now I need to group the Common Dimensions Such Cluster, Country, Region, Month and Quarter into Dimension Groups

For Example, Group all Cluster common fields into a one %Cluster Dimension (Dimension1 like in the screenshot above) and do the same for the other dimensions.

Here is my Current Model

Below you Can find the script I created to reach through the link table.

All help is really appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Even, Link table kills the performance. So, My question was what if you loaded all tables into Qlikview. Is that making any Synthetic fields in your model / simply picking Link Table.

So, you need to understand the Link table concept before moving ahead

1) Link Table uses when we have same fields from different table

2) Even, If simple 2 tables having synthetic tables that means we can load Direct way and Use ApplyMap() concept to club in single table rather maintaining Bridge Table

3) Finally, If Scenario 1 is the case then you need to create composite key using common fields only or else this won't get real data points as it clubs to each of other tables

4) My last point is you have to use AutoNumber() rather simple composite key...

POS - I've seen your script. Please follow points and build up

Hope this helps.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful