Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablomind
Creator
Creator

How can I do a binary load excluding the section access?

Hi, I have a question for the experts out there. I have a Binary Load (data models, data, everything) that has a section access. I need this binary load for one document but without the section access. Is this possible?

Regards,

Pablo

11 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

As long as I know: no

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be save a copy of this qvw file without section access and use this copy as Binary Load in that one document.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As Clever mentioned above, this is not possible.

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may STORE all tables one-by-one as QVD *) and then reload these tables in an unrestricted application.

*) may be automated: FOR i = 0 TO NOOFTABLES() ....

marcus_sommer

A binary load will always load the entire datamodel from the source-qvw but in general you could adjust the datamodel afterwards by loading further tables, modifying existing ones and also by dropping tables/fields.

I'm not absolutely sure if this includes also the section access table but you could try to drop the section access table after the binary-statement. Further if you disable the section access within the document properties in tab open the section access table although existing shouldn't be applied.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The thing with section access tables is that while they can have a name as any other table in the data model, they are handled separately and as such cannot be STOREd in any file after the binary load. Whatever is between Section Access; and Section Application; is considered a security table which cannot be referred in the data model as it would with any other table.

So if a binary load happens from a QVW with section access, this will be also loaded in the new document. As Marcus points below, it can be "disabled" in the Document Properties by unchecking Strict Exclusion, however the table will stay there.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As replied to Peter, it can be disabled by not using the Strict Exclusion, but the table as such cannot be dropped.

The cleanest way would be using a data model without section access which can be binary loaded if needed, or even two data models. Depending on the customer needs, I apply and binary load section access the closest possible to the data extraction (when security is of the essence and not even IT should be able to check some sensitive data, yet able to run tasks in the QMC, for example) or instead to the user interface (when security in the development team is looser and it only applies to users) as the last step of the reload chain.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Dear Miguel,

I did not refer to the section-access-tables, but to the data-tables.

Understood that the OP want to re-use the current QV-report, which has some section-access included. A binary load to such report will alway inherit the restriction from the source.

The only way to bypass is to drop all data-tables as QVD and reload them in another report (without access-restrictions or different acess-restrictions).

Peter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You are completely correct, that's the way of doing it if removing SA from the binary loaded app is not possible.

Cheers!