Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

How can I do a stacked bar chart with a line as well?

I am trying to create a stacked bar chart that also has a line as well. I cannot use a combo chart because it does not allow me to do stacked. I have one dimension that is a ValueList and another dimension that has more than one value. I have two expressions, one for the bar graph and one for the line. How can I get this to work?

Labels (2)
7 Replies
basav
Creator
Creator

Hi Cliff,

Are you looking for something like this. 

1724255_Ans.PNG

Please find the QVW attached. 

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It is, but I have two dimensions and that seems to be causing me not to do a stacked bar.

basav
Creator
Creator

Hi Cliff,

what kind of problem does it causing, is it in terms of any script error, or its just not visually good. Please explain. Also can you please post a sample data. That would really help the community to give you proper answer.

regards,

Basav

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The option to do a stacked bar is greyed out when I have two dimensions.

basav
Creator
Creator

Hi Cliff, 

Follow these steps:

1. Create A new chart with the combo, at first select only one dimension, and then add all the expression you want. 

2. Select appropriate  Display options for those expressions. In your case, select bar for two expressions, and Line for the other expressions. Click Finish. 

3., Again click on the properties, then go to Style tab and select stacked. After that go to Dimensions tab, add the one more dimension. This should do the job. 

At last, to have two Y-axis, one on left and one on the right. Go to Axes tab, Select the expression which has Line display options, and then under Position, please select Right. 

cheers,

Basav

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That method did not work. Does anyone else have a suggestion? I do not understand why this is so difficult to do within Qlikview...

basav
Creator
Creator

Hi Cliff, 

Can you please upload a sample QVW. That would help us to find the solution. 

regards,

Basav