Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikita42
Partner - Contributor III

How can I freeze the 'total' column on a pivot chart?

I have a pivot table which uses a scrollbar to view all dimensions (spread over columns). Is there a way fro me to freeze the total column, so that scrolling doesn't affect it?

Similar to freezing panes in Excel.

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

What if you move it to the top instead of bottom? It will always show at the top? You can do that on the Presentation tab of the chart properties

nikita42
Author

I have one set of totals as a single column, and another along a single row/multiple columns. Both are set to be on top in the presentation tab. When I scroll left to right, my totals column is out of view. I want it to stay static like my dimension column, even when scrolling.

sunny_talwar

Do you have a sample you can share?

nikita42
Author

In the attached QVW, I have a pivot table showing the headcount of different functions across cities. When I scroll from left to right, I don't want the total (function) column to move. I want to freeze it with the function column.

sunny_talwar

One option is to add it as a calculated dimension. Performance can suffer if you have large dataset in this case

Capture.PNG

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

or u can create a empty dimension wit "0"  also

nikita42
Author

What is an empty dimension? Could you please clarify how this will freeze the total column?