Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I load the list of tables in the database and the number of rows in each table?

Hi,

How can I load the list of tables in the database and the number of rows in each table?

Thank you,

Sara

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

Is loading whole database and tables will make sense ?  why all tables is there any specific requirement , you should try to load only required tables into data models.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

I don’t want to load all tables. I need the name of tables and the number of records in each table.

I managed to get the name of all tables by using the System Tables. Now I need to know how many rows each one contains.

Thank you,

Sara

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sara,

Not sure why you need Qlikview for that. Say for example if you find the table names and its record count in sql server, you may use audit tables.

Example SQLserver:

SELECT

T.NAME AS 'TABLE NAME',

P.[ROWS] AS 'NO OF ROWS'

FROM SYS.TABLES T

INNER JOIN  SYS.PARTITIONS P ON T.OBJECT_ID=P.OBJECT_ID;

If your requirement is to know list of table and rows in your dashboard, you may use system fields $Tables and $ rows to get the same.

Give me more inputs if your requirement is different.

-Siva

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

from sys table you should be able to get no of rows too. which database you are using oracle or sql server?