Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablojr
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How can I show all possible values of a dimension regardless of other selections?

How can I show all possible values of a dimension regardless of other selections?  The dimension is called 'Sprint' and it contains numbers which go from 1 to 20 (they represent the Sprint number).  I need to always have the sprint numbers visible even if the work alotted to them is zero

Thank you

Labels (1)
3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

in the expression of the chart using the sprint dimension 

use set analysis in your expressions:

for example : sum({<Sprint>}TIME) will disregard the selections in the sprint dimension

pablojr
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Actually what I want is that all the values of the Sprint dimension remain always visible.  Can you help?

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I don't know what your data model looks like or exactly how you envisage this working but you might be able to use what's known as a "data island" to do this. You'll find plenty of examples of how people have used them if you Google the topic but basically an island is a table that isn't associated to any other. So if you have a table with Sprint as a column that isn't associated with any other, when you make selections against the rest of your data it won't affect that table. You'd still have a Sprint column elsewhere in your model though.

Another approach might be to manipulate a variable with values that include all your Sprint numbers. Yet another option might be when you use set analysis to always have a set modifier like <Sprint = ''> that will always nullify any selections on Sprint. As a said above, a bit hard to understand exactly what you are after but there's a few options that might help.

Cheers,

Rod