Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i show different scale (site, region, country) for one expression (average) ?

Hello the community,

Can someone help me?

I'm beginner in data visualization and have to creat a board.

I have a dataset with some quantitative variables like sodium or nickel concentration

and some qualitative variables to qualify each sampling point like the site, the city, the region, the country....

I want to create a histogram that will show me

*the value of sodium for my sampling point

AND

*the average for the site, the city the region, the country.

That would permit me to compare my valor on one point on different scales around this point.

The best will be if i can add on my representation my allowed limit for the tested constituant (maximum level accepted) but this is not the most important topic here.

I inserted an exemple made by Excel of what i search to do with Qlik View aide.JPG

I hope to not bothering everybody too long for my questions.

Thank you

Kind regards

Morgane

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I was maybe confused on my topic....I don't want to do a Histogram but a Barplot. I don't search to show the frequencies and the repartition but the level of a composant at different geographic levels.

I know how to do a histogram and i looked the two links you shown me (and thank to give them to me so i will never search for them again if i have a problem) but it's not exacly my goal.

What I want to have is the average for a site and the average for the district where is the site and again with the region.

i have a sample of my dataset to show

if i select the sample point "10086.PS1.0.1" and i want to show the different levels of the componant "D"

i will have one bar: = value of "D" for "10086.PS1.0.1" = 11

one bar = avg (10086) = (11+7.6)/2 = 9.3

one bar = avg ("lormont") = (11+7.6)/2 = 9.3

one bar = avg ("33") = 16.83

and finally one bar = avg ("Aquitaine") = 34.2

aide2.JPG

I hope not missing something and not being bothering you?

vcanale
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,
this can be probably useful too:
Histogram example

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry but i don't find the solution in your answers.

I found how to show the repartition's frequencies but not what i'm asking for.

Thank you Vincenza and siva for your answer but i think i need a more developed one to understand.

Morgane

Not applicable
Author

no one to answer me ?

Morgane