Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

How can the Symbol input boxes be unavailable?

I am building a QlikView app based on an existing data model; I did a resident load followed by dropping a bunch of tables I didn't need.

Currently creating a bunch of charts as the customer requested and I am running into something I have not experienced before:

On the Number tab of all new charts, all the "Symbol" input boxes (Symbol, Thousand Symbol, Million Symbol, Billion Symbol) are greyed out.

Now I know they are not available for some of the options, but I tried all of them and none of them allow me to enter something in the boxes.

The expression I am using is sum([field name]).

The field is flagged as $measure.

Styling mode is set to Advanced.

Using QlikView November 2017 SR6 (with a leased license).

Any ideas what might have caused this to happen (and how I can make them available again)?

May you live in interesting times!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

This might be a silly question, but.. are you creating pivot or straight tables? The "Symbol" boxes are limited to visual charts, iirc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This might be a silly question, but.. are you creating pivot or straight tables? The "Symbol" boxes are limited to visual charts, iirc.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

I knew I had to be overlooking something silly like that.

Maybe I was naively hoping it would work in just a table.

Thanks!

Or
MVP
MVP

Sure thing.

You can get around this to some extent by formatting values in your expression and appending the symbol. It's a hassle, but you can probably get it to work.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

That is probably what I will end up doing.

Or turn it into a bar chart anyway.