Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunnalahk123
Creator III
Creator III

How can we get a snapshot Data From Dynamic QVD

Hi,

I have one QVD which is Running on Daily basis, but from that QVD i want to take Results on every month 6th and publish it in my report.

when taking results on every month 6th it should create a month field in that like 201809.

ex: when you are taking results on next month oct 6th it should create a month of 201809

when you are taking results on nov6th it should create a month of 201810. and so on.

can some help guide how can i do this approach.

Best Regards,

HK

4 Replies
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

you have any date related fields in that Qvd ??

your quetion is also not much clear, when you say ' from that Qvd, means in the extractor which you are using to create that Qvd ??  or in any final qlik app where you are using the Qvd ??

dunnalahk123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vishal,

Yes, i have date Related Fields in that QVD. but based on that i should not define any month fields.

Sorry if i confused , what i need exactly is

i Have a XXX QVD . based on that xxx QVD i am counting all Projects  which is available in the XXX QVD.

So For Example in that XXX QVD  I have Data From Jan 2018 to today .

so when i count it has 200 Projects in that XXX QVD for example till today.

i want to take all results and store it on another QVD in that month column should be created.

for oct 6th snapshot month value should be created as 201809. in that xxx QVD.

and now one Fact should be Created.

again when we take snapshot on nov6th it should count all Projects from Jan 2018 to till oct 6th and store into QVD in that again Month value should be 201810.

now 201810 Results should be added to the Fact QVD, so that i will have 2 snapshot months (201809 & 201810) which i will use for reporting.

Best Regards,

HK

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

bit confused, you are saying that your qvd is having date related columns then why you are not allowed to use them ??

no idea then how you will do the date comparison...??

dunnalahk123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I mean for example i have Project create date in my XXX QVD based on that  i have created a month field by using below condition.

year([PSA Project Created Timestamp])& num(month([PSA Project Created Timestamp]),'00') as Month,

To Publish Aug data in report  i need to count from 2018 Jan to 2018 Aug 31st. i have 200 projects that i have publish it in Aug Month in the report. ( as a Snapshot)

but what happens if i use above month field Aug month it is counting only from Aug 1st to Aug 31st and giving me only 20 projects  which is wrong.

so what i am saying every month end i have take a snapshot of from 2018Jan to till latest month and publish it in report.