Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How create custom product groups

Hi.

Our product names are set up the following way 1-1zz are Raw Materials, F-FZ are Finished Products and W-WZ are cartons etc.

Is there a way for me to set these up as custom groups so I can add them to my filter in Qlikview so people can just switch between looking at FG, RM or carton data?

The only way I can think of is to create an Excel spreadsheet with a list of every individual code and put them into groups that way, and then import the fields from the spreadsheet. This would be a hassle though, as everytime a new code is added (which is frequently), I'd have to update the spreadsheet.

Is there a way to add the groups into the code?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I've understood that Raw Materials start with a '1', Finished Products with a 'F' and cartons with a 'W', is this correct?

If you have some logic like this, you could use something like

LOAD

ProductName,

pick( match(left(ProductName,1),'1','F','Z'),'Raw Materials','Finished Products','cartons') as ProductGroup,

FROM ...;

pick() is a conditional function and match() will return the index of the matching substring as input.

You could also use a mapping table and applymap in a similar way, but I think for few groups above is ok.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I've understood that Raw Materials start with a '1', Finished Products with a 'F' and cartons with a 'W', is this correct?

If you have some logic like this, you could use something like

LOAD

ProductName,

pick( match(left(ProductName,1),'1','F','Z'),'Raw Materials','Finished Products','cartons') as ProductGroup,

FROM ...;

pick() is a conditional function and match() will return the index of the matching substring as input.

You could also use a mapping table and applymap in a similar way, but I think for few groups above is ok.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.