Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II

How do I create Auto-Timer in Straight Table?

Hi,

I have the below table with Order Created time and Order End time which are at a difference of 1 hour. I would like to create a timer in a new column for each row which starts automatically when QV file is opened until

Basically, the timer should consider current time now(), compare it to the Order End time, and if it is less than it, it should give a result countdown of 'Order End time - now()' automatically on opening. If it is not less, it should say 'Time is Up'.

Please help me create this timer in a straight table. SS.PNG

7 Replies
haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

stalwar1

Can you help me, Sunny? You have been very helpful in the past!!

sunny_talwar

May be this

If([ORDER END TIME] - Now() < 0, 'TIME IS UP', Interval([ORDER END TIME] - Now(), 'hh:mm'))

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am looking for more of a timer, which shows the count down, and not just static time difference.

sunny_talwar

Now() function is dynamic and would change with every passing minute... I think this should give you what you want... the only thing to be concerned about is the performance because of Now() which essentially updates every second...

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It gives me TIME IS UP for all the rows even though that's not true.

And I am looking for a clock countdown like in the attachment. Please take a look.

sunny_talwar

I think you entered vEndTime from 2012... check now

kenkuchana
Contributor II
Contributor II

For CURRENT SYSTEM TIME Column: [Interval([ORDER END TIME] - Now(), 'hh:mm’)

For TIMER Column: Interval([ORDER END TIME]  - Now(), 'hh:mm’) & ‘ ‘ & if(Sign( Interval([ORDER END TIME] - Now(), 'hh:mm')) = '-1', ‘LEFT’ ,’UP’)

Note: make the Now() function with the same format of CURRENT SYSTEM TIME