Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I create two rows of column headings in a straight table ?

Hi All,

I have a straight table made up of 6 columns. They all have column headings thus:

NamePhoneEmailNamePhoneEmail

However, I want to create group headings in the row above the column headings so that columns 1, 2 and 3 will belong to the 'Training Contact' and columns 4, 5 and 6 will belong to the 'Financial Contact'. In Excel this can be achieved by simply using Merge and Center, 3 cells at a time.

Is it possible to do this in QlikView ?

Thanks

MV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think there is no inbuild feature within QlikView that would allow you to do this, but a probable work around would be to use a text object and format it as you would like and put it on top of the three columns.

Sample:

I wish I could be of more help.

Best,

S

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think there is no inbuild feature within QlikView that would allow you to do this, but a probable work around would be to use a text object and format it as you would like and put it on top of the three columns.

Sample:

I wish I could be of more help.

Best,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It can't be done in a straight table.  You can create text boxes above the columns so they look like a group header.

Also consider a pivot table, with group header as a dimension.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hopes it's not possible directly in qlikview else u have to paly in script level,if the above u mentioned information is fixed u can use the above suggestion.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you S. That is a good solution.

Not applicable
Author

However, it means I can't show the caption and display the Maximise/Minimise/XL/Print icons which is annoying.

sunny_talwar

You can:

Bring the text box to the back.

Best,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Although the discussion is closed, I'd like to show the pivot table approach - see attached.