Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alisonpwallis
Creator
Creator

How do I show images on selection by the user?

Hi,

I am trying to load student images into a dashboard so when the user selects the ID for that student, the image appears. I have bundle loaded a table in script with two fields - first the ID which then joins to other data within the dashboard and secondly a field containing the filepath to the image. The load appears to work but I cannot get the text object to show the photos:

I create a text object, put in the code

=info([Student ID])

and change the Representation to Image. I also set it to be conditional so it only shows when just one Student ID is selected. This just shows '-' rather than the image. However, if I go into the expression and select images from the tabs at the bottom, I can select 'Student ID/' from the Image Folder drop down list but then it just lists all the images for me (and I can see them) but they don't appear in the text box. I want to just see the image depending on the selected Student ID.

The thing that seems to be missing is something like 'qmem' - this appears in all the other examples I've found when you look a the text object properties BUT I can't get this to change anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Alison

16 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

alisonpwallis
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andy

Thanks - I've had a look through that one and I've done everything it says but I still can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

Alison

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have a look:

Bundle Info Load

Hope it helps!!

alisonpwallis
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil

Thanks for this link - it has helped me a bit! Now I have a chart (straight table) that shows the photos BUT it won't show a photo when just one ID is selected (which is what I need to show!).

Any ideas why this might be the case?

Thanks

Alison

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Post Sample Screen shot what you are getting

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Alison,

could you upload a sample app?

Andy

alisonpwallis
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Here's two screenshots. The first when I don't select a particular person and the second when I have selected one by their ID.

Thanks

Alison

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Try keep " No Totals " in Expression tab

alisonpwallis
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andy

I can't upload the actual sample file as it contains personal photos of students. I have tried to create another file with some sample files and this time it worked! This makes me think it is either to do with the file format (I am uploading bmp files) or the upload process (I am loading from an Oracle server). But I don't understand why I can see the photos when I have all of them there but not one on its own.

Thanks for your help

Alison