Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I show only a few values in a line graph?

Hi all!

I have the next graph:

I would like to show the labels but the graph would be this:

I would like to show only the most representative values... Is there solution for this?... Could someone to help me?...

Thanks in advance....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the Show Value option and use the Rank function to show the Top X values:

comm197703.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To improve the spacing between data points, enable an X-axis scroll bar.

What are the most representative values? If you mean the highest values, have a look at Dimension Limits where you can easily restrict the values shown to for instance the top 10.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe use a horizontal bar chart, then you'll be able to show all values and they won't overlap each other.

Not applicable
Author

I don't know how to add a scroll bar...

I tried to take Dimension Limits but in this case I working with an Expression not with Dimension...

Not applicable
Author

Bill I think is a good idea to use a horizontal bar,  but we could have 53 weeks and in this case would be impractical to use a horizontal bar...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your line chart, goto Properties->Presentation and in the Chart Scrolling-group (right side in the middle), check Enable X-Axis Scrollbar. Select a number of Dimension values above which the scroll bar should be displayed.

Peter

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the Show Value option and use the Rank function to show the Top X values:

comm197703.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MarcoWedel

Hi,

another solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_197703_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_197703_Pic2.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Gysbert.

So is it possible to show for example the 10 highest values and the 10 lowest values?

Not applicable
Author

It is possible to display the values every 3 month?... This would be better because if you have 2 high values next to each other then also not be displayed correctly..