Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I show part of a list

I have a list of account names (field name: account name).  How do I show only the account names where the status = new?

Where is this done in the list options?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Suzan,

You can create a new field from script it self, if the Account Name and Status are coming from single table.

in this case you can use below expression.

if(wildmatch(Status,'New'),Account_Name) as New_Account_Name

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a listbox with Status to your sheet and select the value new in the listbox. That will filter the records on status new. Any table or listbox where you show account names will now show only the account names with status new.

If you don't want that but you want to limit the list in a chart or table you can change your expression. Suppose you have account name as dimension and sum(Sales) as expression. If you change the expression to sum({<status={'new'}>} Sales) then you will only see the sales and thus account names with status new. Another option is to use a calculated dimension like =if(status='new',[account name]) and check the option Suppress When Value Is Null for the calculated dimension. In a listbox you would not choose the field, but the expression =if(status='new',[account name]) to show only the account names with status new.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

These are all great options but I wish there was an option on list to just display certain fields based on status - like hitting a select button without actually having to select the button. 

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution, hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator

I want to show only one  horizontal line for caption?? how it possible in listbox?? data should present inside of horizontal line and my caption should present above horizontal line???

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Suzan,

You can create a new field from script it self, if the Account Name and Status are coming from single table.

in this case you can use below expression.

if(wildmatch(Status,'New'),Account_Name) as New_Account_Name

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone...  I created a listbox using expression, not field and put in 'if(wildmatch(Status,'New'),Account_Name)' which worked out super well.  It totally got rid of the need for buttons.