Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Announcement: We have made updates to resolve a Page Not Found error. If you still get this error, please let us know in the Community Corner.
Not applicable

How do we use Buttons to activate the dimensions and expressions in a chart?

Buttons.jpg

I have this chart where in when I click on button "Country" the country dimension in the chart should show up and when I click Office button both the country and Office dimensions should show up and so on. vinay_bangari

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinay_bangari
Valued Contributor III

Re: How do we use Buttons to activate the dimensions and expressions in a chart?

Please find the attached document. Hope this helps you

4 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: How do we use Buttons to activate the dimensions and expressions in a chart?

The most common approach is to assign an Action ot the button that sets a variable. The variable is then tested in the Conditional property of either the Dimension or Expression.

-Rob

ecolomer
Honored Contributor II

See this example

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi

Use the conditions in the expression and use variables to switch off or on it depends of the selection

see the image attached for an example

good luck

vinay_bangari
Valued Contributor III

Please find the attached document. Hope this helps you