Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you use 'Select in Field' with a variable range and an or statement to include a string?

Hey everyone,

Hopefully this is a quick and easy fix. I've been playing around trying to get a trigger set up for my application to automatically set the fiscal year range based on another selection. However, I'm running into problems where the user cannot manually adjust the fiscal year unless they deselect their current selection.

I understand for having multiple 'Select in Field' values, you use the form ( X | Y | Z ), however, how should this be adjusted when introducing a number range?

The trigger is currently set up with the Search String value as ='<=$(vFiscalYearFilter)', which will automatically set up the fiscal year to include all years up until the year selected by the user in another dimension. However, one year is listed as TBD, which means I need to handle it as an exception. I've tried using multiple iterations of the following type of arrangement:

(='<=$(vFiscalYearFilter)' | TBD)        -       (<=$(vFiscalYearFilter) | TBD)      -        ('<=$(vFiscalYearFilter)' | 'TBD')

I'm sure I've tried more than that but you get the idea, it doesn't seem to be working. To solve my current problem, I'd like to be able to include the TBD as a standard selection (without going into the data and alter it to a year) or integrate a way for the user to be able to select it when the trigger is automatically adjusting everything. (I believe the former would be easier as the trigger does not allow the user to make any alterations to the fiscal year once a year has been selected). Thanks for any help you can offer!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not exactly a fix, but I did find a work around. Since the only time I would need to see information for a project without a specified fiscal year is when I wasn't looking at a specific investment year, I just had to modify the trigger.

Basically, I just made the trigger an IF statement to only auto generate a fiscal range if the investment year is NULL, which would then include (and allow free use of) all fiscal years in the data set.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not exactly a fix, but I did find a work around. Since the only time I would need to see information for a project without a specified fiscal year is when I wasn't looking at a specific investment year, I just had to modify the trigger.

Basically, I just made the trigger an IF statement to only auto generate a fiscal range if the investment year is NULL, which would then include (and allow free use of) all fiscal years in the data set.