Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III

How many rows can Qlikview fetch in a cycle

Hi All,

I have a doubt, Anyone have idea on How many rows can Qlikview fetch in a cycle?.

Let me explain you briefly. Let say I have 1 million records in a table. When I query the same, how many rows/records can qlikview fetch in a single transaction/cycle.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

As I mentioned in my previous post, there is no limit on how many rows you may load in one cycle. It is your system RAM that will put a limit on how much data you can handle. 

Even if it's no limit on the amount of transactions loaded in QlikView there is a limit on the amount of unique values in a single field. This limit is 2,147,483,648 distinct values in one field. 

See also this page: QlikView - Limitations of the Amount of Data to be Loaded 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What do you mean by "in a cycle"?

QlikView reads all data into memory when working in QlikView you are always working with the whole dataset, both your selected and not selected values. The amount of transactions loaded into memory is basicly limited by the size of your your field values and the amount of RAM that you have available on your server/computer. 

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the valuable inputs. “Cycle “ means, in one time. In 1million data, all data cannot be fetched in a single time rite?. So how many records/rows can qlikview fetch in a single time. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

As I mentioned in my previous post, there is no limit on how many rows you may load in one cycle. It is your system RAM that will put a limit on how much data you can handle. 

Even if it's no limit on the amount of transactions loaded in QlikView there is a limit on the amount of unique values in a single field. This limit is 2,147,483,648 distinct values in one field. 

See also this page: QlikView - Limitations of the Amount of Data to be Loaded