Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Change Chart background grid color

How to Change Chart background grid color, the grid lines I can do it but the bricks color can't change

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

with regard to the list box background, you may need to change the Selection style as LED Check Boxes

you can then chosse the Background button as seen below and set the color to 100% transparent

2013-10-24_2059.png

2013-10-24_2100.png

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If by bricks you mean the bars, then go to the Expression tab and click the + to left of the expressions and for Background Colour give a definition using a colour function like Red() or Blue().or rgb(222,55,99)...........

If I have misunderstood what you are after then please clarify your question.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks for reply, yea but as I show in attachment I need two color, like dark at the bottom and light at top.

Appreciate all the help. Also if u can help me this, in list box I am trying to change the background to transparent can’t find the command or color..

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the bricks is the grid style.

The color does change, it is just not bright, a sort of "gray-ish".  I can see the difference between red and blue, not much of green.

In any case, I'd rather avoid bricks and tiles.  They maybe look "cool" but take more resources.  For example, print chart as PDF when the grid is bricks, tiles, and simple lines - the PDF size is quite different.

(I have to add that last time I used it was many versions ago, maybe it is better now.)

Regards,

Michael

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Do you mean like this

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply, it don’t have to b brick can b plain, just want two color as I show in sample, some how trying hard to change that, missing some command

Thanks

mazhar

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

with regard to the list box background, you may need to change the Selection style as LED Check Boxes

you can then chosse the Background button as seen below and set the color to 100% transparent

2013-10-24_2059.png

2013-10-24_2100.png

Not applicable
Author

Bundle of thanks, list chart background works, still looking for chart grids, not the line color but bricks color.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I guess this is what you want...

In chart properties, tab Style, find Plot Are Background Style, and change it from Minimal to Frame or Shadow.

Apply and go to Colors tab.  Click Plot Area, and use one color gradient or two color gradient.  Choose colors you want.

Did I guess it right this time?

Edit: attached

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

I dont understand the bricks color, see the image below, option 1 or 2

2013-10-24_2114.png