Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Hide an Expression Field in Pivot Table

Hello!

I have  two expressions in pivot table. I am using the first expression(DE) to derive the second expression. (the column after DE)..Thus, I have to enable it.. just want to hide it and leave only  the 2nd expression to show that depends on the on the 1st expression without changing its values.  I tried to enable the DE column and the value in 2nd column were gone.

I also tried using a conditional false()... it worked but the 2nd expression got affected.  This table will be sent out to our customers and it's not good for for them to see 2 expressions in 1 dimension when they don't need the 1st.   Currently, I formatted the text color to white in DE column so they look like empty cell...  If it's not possible to hide an expression in the pivot table , how can I at least delete the 1st expression during Nprinting.

Pls. advise.

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I have a hard time reading your last comment, the text seems to be printed all in one line somehow.

But I guess you want to see a solution with the Macro.

See attached (using the Macro from Christof Schwarz's QVW)

Open the module editor using Tools menu to see the macro. I just executed it once using the Test button. Now you could even remove the macro code from your app, if you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!  Swuehl ... It finally work.  This is exactly what I wanted to appear.  I've been stuck for this issue for weeks now.

Thank you once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!  Swuel,

I'm sorry but I have to get back to you being an expert.  Though the macro  succeeded in hiding the DE column in the pivot table,  the DE column showed up again during N print... the macro is being ignored during the Nprint process.  Do you know why this happened?  Is there something that  I need to add in the macro?

Tks.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't know. I guess NPrinting is ignoring the table settings for column width and use its own for the printing layout.

But I don't really know NPrinting so you would probably better of creating a new thread in one of the NPrinting places to get help on this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok...Thank you for your time...