Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to NOT set the color of the Expression Heading in Pivot table

An expression is  being used in my pivot chart.  For the Text Color of one of the Expressions, I am also using an Expression.  However, it is changing the color of the expression heading or Label as well, how to  avoid changing the colomn label for the expression as well.

The Label is called:  TestExpression

The formula for Text Color in the pivot table is: 

if(       (SUM(If(Phone='superphone', Results))) =0           ,rgb(255,0,0)                                                                                                                    )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Tim Benoit replied in http://community.qlik.com/message/105948#105948 that the problem is that the heading takes the color or the first row. 

I changed the load order so that one of the items that always pass the expression test are on top and ok for now.  hmm... works this time...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Tim Benoit replied in http://community.qlik.com/message/105948#105948 that the problem is that the heading takes the color or the first row. 

I changed the load order so that one of the items that always pass the expression test are on top and ok for now.  hmm... works this time...

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It's a bug, or as QlikTech tells us, a "Working As Designed".  There's no good solution that I know of, but sometimes a workaround is to add a total line and put it at the top, between the data and the heading.  Then change your color expression to add if(dimensionality(),...).  That avoids ever coloring the total row, and since the total row is on top, it won't color the column heading either.  This isn't always practical, of course.

Edit: Looks like you already got your answer.  I didn't see it before posting.  I'm leaving mine up as additional information.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John….

I have a row that always passes the muster, so I loaded that on top and used Sort Load Order. Hmm.. Said, but worked.

I will keep your response in mind, for likely will need it later.

Don