Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Set Different Column Header Colours in Pivot Table?

hi Community

I have a problem with setting column header colours for Pivot Table, example below. Is it possible to set the different colour for each expression header with Macro or any advance technique, please let me know. I really have to get it done. Also, I don’t want it in Straight Table because of the expand/collapse features in Pivot Table.

Thank you so much in advance for any reply

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got the solution from my QlikView instructor, Tom Vandegehuchte. Just would like to post it here, just in case, for some people, who might have the same requirement as mine.

go to Properties -> Visual Cues and change the background color of the Text value for the expression

Million thanks to Tom, you're my hero

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

hi

right click on cell of chart then select custom format cell then select cell then change colour.

kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi, I've tried and that will change colour of all expressions to the same one colour

Not applicable

through custom format cell, select each cell then change colour of that cell, similarly for different cell

see link

Custom formatting table cells » The Qlik Fix! The Qlik Fix!

kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, it works with data cells, not the column headers.... if you try and it works, please let me know

Not applicable

Right click on the particular cell, select Custom Format cell, the Text color would be shown in Black( By default), choose the appropriate color and click Apply & Ok.

This would change the color of the header alone and not the data cells.

kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, that changes header colour of ALL EXPRESSIONS, what I need is that EACH INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION has its own colour differently e.g. expression 1 --> RED HEADER, expression 2 --> GREEN HEADER, expression 3 --> BLUE HEADER

kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got the solution from my QlikView instructor, Tom Vandegehuchte. Just would like to post it here, just in case, for some people, who might have the same requirement as mine.

go to Properties -> Visual Cues and change the background color of the Text value for the expression

Million thanks to Tom, you're my hero

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2 cents: to make sure your cells keep the color that you want, you might want to set the background of the expression to the color you want (i.e. White), otherwise empty cells (in case you have any) would get the same color as your header.