Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mludolph
Contributor
Contributor

How to add an expression using a date variable in the script

Hi Everyone, I'm new to QlikView and am having a little trouble modifying a report built by the previous person. We have an ad hoc report that allows the user to pick the dimension fields and the calculated fields displayed in the straight table. The calculated fields are defined in the script with an Expression table. What I trying to do is add a new calculated field that calculates DSO based on selections (start and end date) made in an input box. My problem is finding the correct syntax for the expression using the date variables (if that is even possible).

The user will select the desired dimensions and calculated fields the generate the report.

qlikview.png

The expression is defined in the script using a Expression table:

qv2.png

The problem is when I add this expression the check box for DSO disappears from the List Box.

Round(Sum(if({<Ending Date = ('$(vEndDateRange)', EndingAmount,0))/Sum(if({Invoice Date > ('$(vStateDateRange)' and {Invoice      Date} < ('$(vEndDateRange)', {Invoice Amount}, 0)) * (('$(vEndDateRange)'-('$(vStateDateRange)')

Does anyone have an idea how I can make this work?

2 Replies
ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

hi

Create one variable for that expression like below

vExpression=MaxString(%Expression)

and use in table expression like below

$(vExpression)

Also find attached qvw file.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Ahmar

ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

or second option for you is use direct expression like below into your chart expression

Expression =$(=maxstring(%Expression))