Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add an specific filter on a line chart?

Hi,

I am creating a Line Chart on QlikView, I am using a field that will have the date as the following: 2016-09, 2016-08, ..., 2014-01

The problem is that I will like to display on the chart only the last 6 months, for this I am trying to add a calculated dimension for this field, but it's not working.

When I used just the field, all months are being displayed from the last 2 years, I tried to add an additional filter as =YearMonth >'2016-02', but is not working, if I removed the field and leave only this calculated dimension the line chart only displays one value.

What can I do to fix this?

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have also tried something like this = count({<[YRMON]<{'2016-03'}>} [AutoID]) in the expressions, but the dashboard got a big X it's not showing the data that I need.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you can attach some sample file then it would be easier to understand and give the solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I cannot attached an example, but I will try to be clear on my explanation. I have 3 fields ID, YRMON and Region, ID is the unique identification number, YRMON is the year and month when the ID was open and the region will be ASIA, AMERICA or EUROPE. Then I added a line chart

This char will display all the YRMON, the 3 regions and the quantity of records per month. Using as dimensions YRMON and Region, and as expression the count of IDs.

What I would like to have is that the chart only displays the last 6 YRMON. I have tried adding the above conditions as dimensions or  = count({<[YRMON]<{'2016-03'}>} [AutoID]) as expression. But didn't work.

Any idea on how to do this?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

From this graph what area you expecting

Try this

count({<[YRMON] = {'<' & '2016-03'}>}[AutoID])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Didn't work. I got a big X on the chart:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is what I did to fix this problem.

First added 2 fields in the script:

LOAD *, Mid(YRMON,1,4) as YR_Cal,Mid(YRMON,6,2) as Month;

Then I used them in the expression filter as the following:

=Count({1<YR_Cal={2016}, Month={">03"} >} AutoID)

The filter is working correctly. thank you all for your effort.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Good.  close this link by giving Correct and Helpful answers to the posts which helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.