Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Jafery
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to add calculation in expression that based on the value from dimension field.

Hi All

How can I use the formula you giving in form of table.

Calc1 = Billed Revenue in Close Month [Jun only] / Total Billed Revenue of entire month [Jan-Dec]

I want to make 

| Month | Calc1 |

| May       | 0.289 |

| June     | 0.301 |

im using expression below but the calc1 shows 0 and not showing any dimension in table.

Expression: 

sum ({< OppForecast= {'1'},[SPM Close Month] = {'$(=Month([SPM Date]))'}>}[Est. Billed Revenue For Current Year])/ sum ({< OppForecast= {'1'},>}[Est. Billed Revenue For Current Year])

Dimension:

=Date([SPM Date],'MMM-YY')

4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

maye be

Expression: 

sum ({< OppForecast= {'1'},[SPM Close Month] = {'$(=Month([SPM Date]))'}>} [Est. Billed Revenue For Current Year])/ sum ({< OppForecast= {'1'}>} [Est. Billed Revenue For Current Year])

can you share a sample data ?

Regards,

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your expression is exactly the same you are using, there is a comma to much in your sum expression and before the character  >

sum ({< OppForecast= {'1'},>

A_Jafery
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi here is qvw file

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You may want to comment on whether either of two posts helped or not as well...  I would suspect folks have been hesitant to spend more time on things not knowing if you checked what they suggested in those posts?  Once you comment on that, I would expect you may get some further responses.

Here is a Design Blog post on Set Analysis that may be of some help too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

There are some further links to other blog posts at the bottom, just FYI.  Hopefully these may help you too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.