Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add the users in the security file for the applications which are using section access

How to add the users in the security file for the applications which are using section access.

Is this something that can be provided via qlikview management console? How do we find the applications that are using section access?

Could someone please kindly advise me on this issue.

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As far as I know there is no way other then opening the application and checking for the script.

But if those applications are having the task on qlikview server then you can find them.

For that you need to open QEMC -> Document Tab -> Click on the application -> go to Reload Tab -> At bottom you will find the Section Access option. If you find the Username and password here then that application has section access.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik. I could see section action section under reload tab but it is not checked / enabled. Does that mean that application does not have section access? Please advice. Thank you.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes that application doesnt have any section access.

If the application has the section access then in order to reload that application you need to include the user name and password in reload tab.

So if reload tab has the user name and password in the section access area then it has the section access.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. If the application has section access then how do I add users to the security file? This is the actual request to resolve. Recently I started administering Qlikview server. Your help is very much appreciated.