Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to always display all values in a dimension ?

Hello,

I am new to QlikView.

My datas are in vector format. e.g. :

typequantitymonth
apple200march
orange30march
apple90may
apple30april

My bar chart is quantity(month) with a 'type' filter outside of it. The expression of my chart is "sum(quantity)".

I want the bar chart to always display all values avaiable in a dimension even if there is no vector corresponding. e.g. : If the filter is set on 'orange', i want the bar chart to display : march : 30 / may : 0 / april : 0 and not : only one bar corresponding to march with 30 quantity value...

I have tried 'Dimensions\Settings for Selected Dimension\Show All Values', it doesn't work. And Presentation\Suppress Zero-Values is uncheck.

Regards,

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be these options

Presentation Tab

Capture.PNG        

Dimension Tab

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Have a look

Hope it helps!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe like this

Not applicable
Author

anilkumar.btloveisfail

Hey thanks for helping. It doesn't work with my set of data...

Not applicable
Author

Basically, I want QlikView to be able to create a time dimension by month that won't be affected by filters. In my set of data, the month time dimension cannot be sorted despite my sorting expression : MonthName(Date#(Month, 'MMM-YY'))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Your original post looks like same which we thinking. Any how, Can you describe more exactly what are you trying to achieve

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Here is my problem:

When no filter is selected, all months are displayed:

demand global qlik.PNG

When I select a filter:

sku selected qlik.PNG

sku filter qlik.PNG

How can I keep my time dimension constant over the selection ?

( the time dimension is sorted as follows : MonthName(Date#(Month, 'MMM-YY')) )

Regards,