Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

How to apply filter on Fact table and export to excel

My data model contains huge fact table, I am planning to export that facts to excel but because of huge data I am unable to do that. How can I apply filter on fact table and then export to Excel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

If you publish a listbox with your year dimension, and select a year, then QlikView will by default filter all other post that not have a relation to the slected year. Publish all the fields from your fact table that you want, in an table box or a straight table and export to Excel.

If this doesn't help - please elaborate explanation...

Best regards

Torbjörn Ungavll (@Ungvall)

Senior Business Discovery Manager @ Advectas AB

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

There's a lot of ways to do that, but depends on wich dimension you want to filter on. Please explain further...

Best regards

Not applicable

I have Year Dimension, How can I use on year dimension and I nedd all the fact table fields to be filtered.

Not applicable

Hi,

If you publish a listbox with your year dimension, and select a year, then QlikView will by default filter all other post that not have a relation to the slected year. Publish all the fields from your fact table that you want, in an table box or a straight table and export to Excel.

If this doesn't help - please elaborate explanation...

Best regards

Not applicable

Tq so much.