Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III

How to avoid the circular loops ? Need help

Hi All ,

I am having circular loops in my model .

I have only added the below script -

Whenever I am trying to join the IGF.id . The circular loops is occuring.

Capture.PNG

My requirement is to get only  only merchant_id = 87 when Dealer "Atlantis Nissan Centurion" and IFG.name - "VAPS Consultancy "

is selected.

If I dont do join of IGF.id I am getting the below report with two merchant id ..

Capture2.PNG

sample model attached.

1 Reply
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Bhadra,

i was unable to open your qvw files due to QlikView Personal Edition,but may be it will help to you

Avoid circular loops in different ways

1. Removing common fields: When common fields causing circular references are not required in data model and doing so will not affect the relationship between two tables. Removing fields can be done by commenting or removing field from load script.
  2. Renaming fields: When common fields causing synthetic keys are not same field (not containing similar values), These are actually different fields with same name. Renaming can be done by using “AS” or by using QUALIFY statement.
  3. Composite Key: We can create an explicit composite key with the concatenation of all common fields that actually represent the link between tables. After creating the new complex key, we can remove the conflicting fields from either table.
  4. Concatenate: Qlikview automatically concatenate/ combines tables if they have same granularity and columns. However, in some scenario, some of the columns are different. Here we need to force concatenation using CONCATENATE and combine the datasets in a single table.
  5. Link Table: Link table links two or more fact tables by taking all common fields out of the original tables and places them into a new table.The new link table contains all possible combinations of values for the set of fields through a unique key and is associated with the original tables.