Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

How to calculate Percentile planning on an expression

Hi,

I need to be able to display percentile planning (eg 80%, 90% etc) based on an expression.

For example I currently have a graph which displays the Average length of stay based on a year.

Definition looks like: Avg({<[DOA-Year]={'2016'}>}([Total LOS - Ward 1 till end of NSECH]))

I would like to show a 95 percentile line for this data however I cant seem to work out the syntax.

If I use this definition: Fractile([Total LOS - Ward 1 till end of NSECH],0.95) 

Then it shows the 95 percentile for the 2 years combined (2016 and 2017)

Is there any way to calculate the percentile based on the original expression?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

4 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Why don't you use the same set-expression as in your calculation?

Fractile({<[DOA-Year]={'2016'}>}[Total LOS - Ward 1 till end of NSECH],0.95)

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Using that calculation it wont use the average figure for the percentile.

I'll have a look and see if it gives the right figure.

Thanks for the spot.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To nest the Average inside the Fractile, you will need an Agg() expression. This requires a dimension that will determine how the averages are calculated. Then you can use an expression like

=Fractile(Aggr(Avg({<[DOA-Year]={'2016'}>}([Total LOS - Ward 1 till end of NSECH])), <dimension>))

Where <dimension> is how the averages are calculated and creates the data vector for Fractile().

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok........

So what do I need to put in <dimension>?

Sorry for asking an obvious question, im going to claim man flu and Friday tiredness for my inability to think today.