cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate % and store in field

Hi Experts,

I need help. I have a data where i want to divide the sum(sales) and store it in Some values.

Ex:

I have Fields Cost center, Cost nature, parts, Sum

Here i need to filter for

Cost Center= Allocation %

Cost Nature= Variable pay

Parts= Pen cap

And total sum i have to divide by 70 % and store this value to New field for Pen

Total sum i have to divide by 30 % and store this value to New field for Pencil.

But here Pen and Pencil are exist in Cost Center field.

Could some one please help me.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share a sample or sample data at least to show what you have and what you are looking to get?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny T,

Please find the details below

Capture.PNG

Here i have many fields and in first you can see Balance Period.

1. For Cost Center "ALLOCATION CLINKER 70 % & Grinding 30%" you can see some values in Balance Period for particular Equiv.

2. lets take an example. I will take Sum([ Balance period]) with selection of Allocation Clinker 70% **** and Variable Cash Cost and Equiv is Let's take Wear Parts.

The Sum([ Balance period]) this value i have to divide by 70 % and store it for Clinker Production and divide 30% and store it the value for Cement Grinding (WHich You can see in Cost Center).

This values i can store in new field.

Hope this helps to know more about the requirement.

Thanks in Advance

sunny_talwar

Where do you plan to use this variables in? In a chart or in a text box object or somewhere else?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anything is fine. Chart could give more clarity.

sunny_talwar

So it should be something like this?

Variable1 = Sum([ Balance period])/0.70 or do you mean multiply? Sum([ Balance period])*0.70

Variable2 = Sum([ Balance period])/0.30 or do you mean multiply? Sum([ Balance period])*0.30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it is Divide. Your Variable 1 is correct But it will work only on Text object.

When i select Clinker or Grinding the new field which we have created should display this new value for Wear Parts, corresponding to other like Diesal should display it's value (Sum(Balance)/.70 ) in new field.

sunny_talwar

Bro, its time you share a sample file. I have only bits and pieces idea of what you are looking for. Please help me so that I can help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

PFA of Data. Hope you can help me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Experts,

Please could you help me out on this.

Regards,

Varun K