Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
shubham_kumar
Contributor III

How to change date format in QV Edit script?

We have older load from sql and now we are optimizing in QVD. but the date is not coming in right format. Any advise.

Best Regards

Shubham Kumar

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Shubham,

Am not sure whether I understood your question. If you want to change dates  from the format, you can use for example Date(argument [, formatcode]), where format can be 'yy-mm-dd' or 'dd.mm.yy' etc.

Hope it helps

Greetz Gert Jan.

Hi,

I want to know from your end right now what format you are get when you load from qvd if you not get correct date fromat so change with this Date(Datefield,'MM/DD/YYYY')

Regards

Anand

Not applicable

Hi,

I just loaded a datefield and storerd it into a QVD and then loaded it from the QVD again. Without any formating it works just fine. The fields contain exactly the same values. When I use the formatting in my script I get also the expected result. Maybe you can send an example what goes wrong in your case?

Kind regards,

Gert Jan

shubham_kumar
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Sorry there was a mistake in my side. the field name was mismatch so that date was not coming but now its working fine.

Thanks

Shubham Kumar

Not applicable

Hi Shubham,

Good to hear.!

KR Gert jan

Community Browser