Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change default report textbox font and colors?

Because the titles don't come with the charts when moving them from a dashboard into a report, I find I make lots of text boxes to be the titles of the charts.  The problem is the default for text boxes is a tiny font and this sickly light blue color nobody would actually ever use on a report, so there are extra steps for every text box to change these when there is probably only 1 font size and background color I need.  Is there any way to control these defaults?

8 Replies
vikasmahajan

Go to Properties & select Font

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For Font:

Report Object -> Right Click -> Properties -> Font tab

For Color:

Object -> Right Click -> Properties -> Color

or

Report Object -> Right Click -> Properties -> Visual Cues

or

Report Object -> Right Click -> Properties -> Expression -> Click on + in expression window -> Background Color

saurabhwadhwa
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi lee, you can set required font size , color for a text object and use the format painter( brush icon on the design toolbar ) on the the other remaining text objects to set the same size and font. Regards, Saurabh

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Settings->Document Properties->Caption , set the color and other preferences. It will apply to all objects as defaults.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

Control+Alt+D -> Document Properties

• -> Font -> Make your changes -> Apply to all objects at left bottom
  • ->At layout and caption Make you changes -> and at Layout -> Apply to all objects Right Top

HTH,

HirisH

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Colin-Albert

The background colour is set on the General tab of the textbox properties.

avinashelite

you can change this in the document properties >fonts , captions  if you make changes here it will be effected for the entire document

Not applicable
Author

From the above posts, it seems this is not a capability.  I know how to change the text box fonts and background colors, what I am looking for is how to default ONLY text boxes in reports to a specific font, background, etc...  I don't want to default every caption that may appear in a dashboard, I just want to control the default for text boxes in reports.