Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

How to change load format

I am loading data from a data warehouse.  I have are dates and some which are times.  The times ones are fine but the date fields are loadign as dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm.   As I already have a separate time field I don't require that portion of this field.  Is there a simple way to correct this in the load statement.?

Help please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

Re: How to change load format

floor(MyDate) will remove the time fraction. Note, MyDate must be a date type and not a string. If it's a string you can use the date# function first to make it a date.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

floor(MyDate) will remove the time fraction. Note, MyDate must be a date type and not a string. If it's a string you can use the date# function first to make it a date.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Thank you -that works great. Now I've just got to take the seconds off one of my time fields so I can do utilisation.  The data is all over the place, which just makes the development so much harder.

Not applicable

Thank you -that works great. Now I've just got to take the seconds off one of my time fields so I can do utilisation.  The data is all over the place, which just makes the development so much harder.