Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change zoom levels in Google Map?

I am currently using a Google map scatter chart, but my data points are plotting to a different zoom level.

new.JPG

The red should completly overlay the US. How do I change the zoom levels so this is correct?

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

map_size_x='757'

map_size_y='757'

rbecher
MVP
MVP

you could play a bit with those values on Min/Max of X/Y axes:

-round(map_size_x/2)   // +/- something

+round(map_size_x/2)  // +/- something

also a even map size (760) could be a better.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Well I just got it working. apparently it wants to be set to size 400, even if the actuall chart is not that size.

I changed the def_map_size to 400 and map_size_x and map_size_y to 400 and it is working fine.

I would have thought it would need the map sizes set to the actuall size of the chart but I guess not. Thank you everyone for your help.

working.JPG

Not applicable
Author

This is a test google maps script, try to paste this script but replace my tables for yours.

I hope it works

Directory

;
LOAD CVE_ENT,
LATITUD as latitude,
LONGITUD as longitude,
Sales
FROM
[Test.xls]
(
biff, embedded labels, table is [GeoReferencias de Capitales$]);

Directory ;
LOAD CVE_ENT,
NOM_ENT,
NOM_CAP
FROM
Entities.txt
(
txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

// Google Maps in QlikView
// V0.9 - October 1st 2008  © Copyright QlikTech International AB 2008 / AES

// Google Maps Key
// get a key here http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
gmap_key = 'ABQIAAAAcp0AySnPCjkFsX1ukx37JBRd_q69DwA9dHzVTF_BRL-tjELfnhRLkdiZnQyeO2UGKF2vSlMENmZ5zQ';
max_zoom_level = 5; //maximum value 17

// Variables required for calculating map
// No need to change these
var_pi180=          '=pi()/180';
var_lat_offset=     '0';
var_mc2=          '=256*pow(2,$(var_zoom))';
var_mc1=          '=256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))';
var_mid_lat=     '=min(latitude)+(1+var_lat_offset)*((max(latitude)-min(latitude))/2)';
var_mid_long=     '=min(longitude)+(max(longitude)-min(longitude))/2';
var_zoom=          '=max(aggr(if(max( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) )-min( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) ) <map_size_x AND max((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))-min((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))<map_size_y,_zoom_level,1),_zoom_level))';
var_maptype=     '=if(isnull(only(maptype)),fieldvalue( '&chr(39)&'maptype'&chr(39)&', 1 ),maptype)';
map_size_x=         '400';
map_size_y=     '400';

SET HidePrefix='_' ;
// Field required for calcualting best zoom level
_zoom_level:
Load RecNo( ) as _zoom_level autogenerate(max_zoom_level);

maptype:
LOAD * INLINE [
maptype
roadmap
mobile
satellite
terrain
hybrid
]
;

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I'm a bit curious, is it also working if you set this to 800/800? I would expect the picture gets more details..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

No it does not, it has the same zoom issue as what I started with. The code must be specifically edited to work for 400x400

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Interesting. I have some workable examples with different sizes (600x600, 600x400; also for the free OpenStreetMap). You would need to set Width/Height of the chart object (caption tab) indeed...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

You can change the "max_zoom_level" variable in your edit script.

max_zoom_level = 13; //maximum 17