cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to clear Inputbox selection

Helo,

I have an inputbox that shows the selected values of a dimensions in a dropdown. Attached qvw has the info.

"Select a pid" inputbox shows the selected values of pid.

The problem can be reproduced by these steps

1. select P1, P2, P3 in pid

2. "select a pid" shows P1, P2, P3 in dropdown. Select P3 in "select a pid"

3. now select P4, P5 in pid,

4. "select a pid" now shows P4, P5 in dropdown but the default value is still P3.

How do I clear the default value of the inputbox?

I tried setting up an onanyselect trigger at the document level to clear the variable. This works fine if the data is less but takes significant time when the volume is around 25mil records. And I am only setting the value of variable to ' '. No calculations.

Questions

1. Is there any other way to clear the inputbox default value?

2. why does onanyselect trigger take so much time to set a variable to ' '?

PS: this is a striped out feature of a bigger requirement. The objective is to let User select one value from the selected values not select one value in the first place.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Why do you want to use an inputbox for selections respectively to show the set selections? To select values there is (beside other objects) the listbox with many features and for showing (and changing) selections you could use the current status box and maybe also textboxes with functions like getfieldselections() or getcurrentselections().

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The inputbox is not just for showing the selections. The selection made in the inputbox is used in further processing.

marcus_sommer

And this further processing couldn't be done with listboxes and normal selections?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is already a listbox and normal selections. The inputbox is for selecting within the normal selection.

I could use an alternate state and another listbox to avoid inputbox but using inputbox is simpler so why not.