cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwscott1
Creator
Creator

How to conditionaly change variables

I have a variable for my workgroups "vWrkGrps". This variable contains 9 workgroups (WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5, WG6, WG7, WG8, WG9). What I would like to do is when my dashboard opens the variable would only contain WG1-WG8. Then with some sort of on/off filter button I could add in WG9 to the variable when needed.

Basically we have a new workgroup that we do not want calculated into our metrics for reporting, but would still like to periodically include them to see how things are progressing.

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Are you writing about a variable or a field?

maximiliano_vel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Create a new variable say vAllGroups=1

In Actions of the button you could add an action->external->set variable

In Variable: vWrkGrps

In Value: =if(vAllGroups=1, 'WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5, WG6, WG7, WG8', 'WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5, WG6, WG7, WG8, WG9')

Other Action in Same button

In Variable: vAllGroups

In Value: =if(vAllGroups=1, 0, 1)

mwscott1
Creator
Creator
Author

A variable. I use the "vWrkGrps" variable in my calculations and was trying to figure out a way to take out WG9 conditionally. I can go in and manually remove the WG9 from my variable to get the reports with and with out WG9 included. Just wondering if there was a way the end user could do this through the presentation with a filter button or something.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Rather than using events and buttons and actions, why not save a bookmark with all the workgroups and one that excludes WG9?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein