cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbp198
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to convert JSON data with nested objects into CSV using Qlikview

I have a JSON File with nested objects, I want the data to be converted into CSV format.

I used some online converters that convert the data for me but I am not allowed to do that with original data which is over million rows and also due to security reasons.

the REST connector available with Qlikview also does not work because it only work with web data requiring HTTP / HTTPS Protocol.

I also went through some other posts already on this community forum, but none of them have nested objects data like I have. 

I have attached Json file and Desired solution (or better) .

the solution provided in the post below only helps me to Extract  "Event ID" and "Log Id" correctly from my data , but it fails to extract all other information

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Load-Data-by-Script-with-JSON/td-p/1235048

Please help in this matter

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

if you slightly modify your json file the attached python script might be what you are looking for...

have a look at the attached zip file. it contains a python script for flattening your json file and transform it to csv. the transformed csv can be loaded just as normal into QV. In order to generate the csv file within the script, i inserted an execute statement  at the beginning, which triggers the python script!

So in order to get it working you will need to install Python and after that, through cmd-shell, Pandas and Cherrypicker (You will find installation instructions on youtube)

Unbenannt.png

hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

if you slightly modify your json file the attached python script might be what you are looking for...

have a look at the attached zip file. it contains a python script for flattening your json file and transform it to csv. the transformed csv can be loaded just as normal into QV. In order to generate the csv file within the script, i inserted an execute statement  at the beginning, which triggers the python script!

So in order to get it working you will need to install Python and after that, through cmd-shell, Pandas and Cherrypicker (You will find installation instructions on youtube)

Unbenannt.png

hope this helps

mbp198
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You Frank , it worked 🙂