Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to copy and paste without loosing the format?

Hi,

I will like to copy and paste some text objects from QlikView to email (outlook, pdf, word). How can I paste the text objects without loosing the format?

is there is any way to relate all the text box so you can click print to pdf and sent all the text objects?

Please let me know and thanks in advanced for your help.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible. Well, you could copy the text object as image and paste it as an image. If you want to copy only text objects and print them to a pdf then you need to write a rather complicated macro. And that macro won't work in the ajax client.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

NPrinting will allow you to create reports using your Qlik objects and merge them into PDF or Office apps and distribute the reports by email or to folders.

There are more details here http://www.qlik.com/us/products/nprinting

The community pages on NPrinting are here QlikView NPrinting

NPrinting requires a licenced copy of QlikView and will not work with Personal Edition.

You can obtain a demo licence for NPrinting from your account manager or partner.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Colin, thank you for the answer.

So, I should install something else in order to use the NPrinting? and all people that will use my reports should have NPrinting installed?

Colin-Albert

The recipients of NPrinting reports do not require licences nor any applications apart from Office or a pdf viewer as they are just receiving a static report with no interaction with the data.

You will need an NPrinting Server licence to create and distribute the NPrinting reports

There are some good demos on You Tube which are a good place to start.
QlikView NPrinting 17 Overview - YouTube