Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabioP
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create a Bar chart with Month and Year

Dear all,

I'd like to create a bar chart with the first bars contain the year value and other bars with the month value only of the last year, but the data are in the different columns! And the year value is not necessarily the sum or avg of months, is a specific value. Follow the table.

Is it possible?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

I would make two separate bar charts. the first would have year as the dimension and yearvalue as the expression. the second would have the dimension as =if (year = year(today()), month) and the expression would be  monthvalue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FabioP
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is the format of bar chart what I need:

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have to try to find some ideas is the Design Blog area:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Use the search dialog there to search all the posts, hopefully you can find something that will help you, I am not really sure what you need here given I do not do a lot of development.

If you have an app going, you may want to attach what you have, as that normally makes it much easier for folks to try to help you get what you need.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

I would make two separate bar charts. the first would have year as the dimension and yearvalue as the expression. the second would have the dimension as =if (year = year(today()), month) and the expression would be  monthvalue.