Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a line graph, when my x-axis needs every month of the year to be its own dimension?

Hey everyone,

I feel like this is supposed to be easier than I'm making it. Basically, I'm attempting to create a line graph that gives budgetary information by month. The only problem is, each month is imported as an individual field. Additionally, I will have to use an expression to rectify the displayed amount.

Currently, I had hoped simply creating a calculated dimension for each month would work, however the data point that is displayed throws an error in the calculation.

The end result I'm looking for will have the total amount spent on the left axis (which should be derived from the data coming from each dimension as they're all numbers) and each point along the x-axis will be a different field (at least at the origins, I'm not sure if there is a way to combine these into a single field to solve my problem) that can have an associated expression to modify the data to my specifications. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

0 Replies